After almost several weeks of relationship posts, I felt that it was time to discuss something that is far more important than bringing two people together and that is the topic of you! Simple as that. You may be wondering, " Me, why me?" I truly believe that this question is important to know before heading into any relationship whether it is a romantic relationship, business relationship or even networking opportunities. Knowing yourself is what makes you good at who you are what you can offer to someone or something. As romantic relationships are my forte, I strongly suggest knowing what your goals, values and objectives are before taking the step into a relationship. Relationships are about trust, honesty, sympathy, adventure and most importantly they should be fun. Of course in any relationship there are its ups and its downs, however, as long as you know who you are and what YOU can offer then the relationship will bloom.
Sometimes along the way we become lost of who we are and begin to act differently; sometimes demonstrating unwanted behaviors that unfortunately can ruin a relationship. From personal experience relationships can be fun, motivating, tearful and even stressful, but when you don't forget who you are along the way you can achieve the obstacles that stand between you and your mate. Love or infatuation, whichever you may be in can sometimes get the best of us causing a whirlwind of emotions, lack of concentration and blurred vision of the big picture. Remember to keep your focus to what it is that you would like to achieve in a relationship. Is it getting to meet new people, connecting on a personal level, intimacy or is it for another reason? Either way remember to stay true to yourself; that includes your soul, mind and most importantly stay true to your heart. This week I will not offer steps because the only step you will need to know is what it is that you are looking for in relationship, if considering one. Always remember once you have decided to begin a relationship to always have fun, live for the moments, cherish the days and enjoy getting to know someone else and getting to know yourself along the way. It's a journey of a lifetime.“The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge" - Bertrand Russell
Till next week,
Your,
Relationship Guru xo
Love this post JoJo.
ReplyDeleteFor many years I have struggled to define who I am and I have found that trying to be in a relationship during that is just too much.
At the beginning of a relationship you always try to mold yourself a little to be more appealing to the other person. But if you don't have a good hold on who you really are, you may start to loose yourself while trying to accommodate someone else. It can start to get way too confusing.
I think you just have to be you. and I guess that comes with knowing yourself or maybe it is staying true to that self that you know.
ReplyDeleteGood advice Jo. No one likes to live life based on a lie.even if its fun at first