It took me years to discover what love and affection meant; to be honest I am still learning what it means each day. Prior to learning what love and relationships are about, I have to admit I have had my share of awful and very humorous relationships and situations. For a long time in my dating life, I never exactly knew what the famous saying, “He’s just not that into you” meant? Then it happened, like that. Paul (name changed for privacy) walked into my life with a giant smile, golden blonde hair and sun kissed skin and a candy apple martini (for me by the way) and whisked me away like a beater mixing cake batter. At that point in life, I wasn’t sure which was more delightful, him or the martini. After getting to know him for awhile, I discovered myself attached and I mean attached. From phone calls to voice mails to Facebook messages and any other form of technology that is available, I was on it. After the third week I began to wonder, maybe he lost my number or was helping his sick Grandmother or maybe just visiting a childrens hospital. That's it, he was visiting a Children's Hospial!The fourth week shortly arrived and there I was waiting and wondering what happened and then I finally gave up. After consolidating with friends, I discovered I was doing what guys call, annoying. Men prefer when women lead an independent life and can still maintain a social life with them.Being independent is the new sexy. As for me from that moment on, I knew I was never going to sit and wait for a man who doesn’t care enough about me, but one day let Mr. Right chase me, after all why run when I have the heels. If I can give you a recipe for a successful relationship, it is this quote:
The most important ingredient we put into any relationship is not what we say or what we do, but what we are.
- Stephen R. Covey
Till next time,
Your,
Love Relationship Guru xoxo


Such is life, where things are never as they seem. I find that quote at the bottom interestingly conflicting, as I think it is the things we say and do that indeed define who we are. I learned something once after a terrible break-up: get back to you and let love choose who it wants, it's bound to come spoil your plans one day.
ReplyDeleteI suggest these books to you...
ReplyDelete-Why Men Love Bitches
-Why Men Marry Bitches
They are based on the fact that men love what they can't have, and not so much what they can have. Kind of like what you are saying here... it's an interesting read.
Thank you Pezz, I will go read them!
ReplyDeleteIt seems there is too much changing going on in many relationships. She changes herself so he will like her. She sees his imperfections, but she thinks she will change him. He is attracted to her independence, but does not want to her to have any once they're together. The most important person in a relationship is you. Once you have to change that, the relationship is doomed
ReplyDelete