Monday, February 8, 2010

The Big V-Day

       Ah, the big V-Day and nothing to do. Valentines Day has become a “crazed” holiday for those love birds who believe in celebrating the day. From a dozen red-long stemmed roses, chocolate covered truffles and stuffed animals for me has been considered overrated and a bit cliché. Whatever happened to the good old days when your significant other shows you how much they care for you by sending love poems or cards? Today, men and women go beyond expectations and create their love for each other through songs played on an instrument, hearts drawn in the sand or even a vacation spent. The idea of no longer celebrating the big V-day was shattered through past relationships. It seemed to be that the men whom I have dated in the past did not believe in Valentines Day, which carried through till now. Although, I do not celebrate the special event I still believe in the idea of romantic gestures. Whether you are single or in a relationship and are considering creative ideas for the special day, I offer romantic, spontaneous and creative ideas for your day and evening.
For the Romantics at Heart…

Go for a romantic photography session together
Cook your sweetie a romantic dinner for two
If either of you play an instrument, play your partner he or she’s favorite song

For the Friends…

Call a girls or guys night out at a dance club
Have a colourful cocktail party at a friend’ where board games are involved.Have a culinary cook off together by each friend contributing to the groceries

Till next time,
Happy Valentines Day! xo

Yours,

Relationship Guru  xo

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. Valentine's Day has become artificial. I prefer a romantic evening at home with someone special, or just something to show "hey I listen to you, and know what you really want." By the way, those without a Valentine celebrate the 13th - I call it FREEDOM DAY - and have often had the best time that night.

    ReplyDelete