Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Part One- The Breakup

This blog is about headaches, heartaches and a lot of Advil.After my recent heartache and breakup over my past relationship, I have come to my senses that my emotions needed to be expressed and not through my cashmere violet sweater or the baby softness of my Cottenelle Kleenexes, but by blogging from my heart to yours. My passion for relationships and urge to give advice to others began back in September of 2008, after one scortched scrapbook, ten lousy pounds and four boxes of L'oreal Mahogany #32 hair dye. Like any young woman, I suffered, suffered three agonizing months of forced smiles and puffy eyes. My emotions and expressions were lifeless and yet some how I managed to carry myself to and from work. FYI (Working at a winery post breakup= not so much of bad idea) Then there was the whole, " Was it me?" or "Maybe if I call him and leave 10 voicemails, he will know to miss me too" phase. All of the questions ran through my mind like the Boston Marathon and yet I couldn't keep up, not even to ask one simple question "Why me?" Yes Ladies, there is that phase and yes we all have to go through it, but learning our lessons is the most important step to take. So I have come up with seven simple rules of what you should do after a break up occurs. Trust me they work.


Go for a run or a long walk by yourself during the day. No matter what the weather conditions may be still go for a walk you will be pleased that you managed to overcome mother nature's taste of weather and you will be pleased by yourself for taking the chance to conquer it. If you can conquer a failed relationship, you can conquer the storm.


Download or borrow uplifting songs from friends i.e. "You Gotta Be"- Des Ree or Black Eyed Peas- "I Got a Feeling"


Purchase a new outfit or try a new hairstyle that you have always wanted to try! Be daring, remember you only live once.


Pick up a great book or two at the bookstore. Note-to-self:NO ROMANCE NOVELS

Call all your crazy friends to join you for a night on the town for drinks and dancing or perhaps a “Bad impressions night of Britney Spears Karaoke"


Watch Russell Peters... I promise you will cry tears of laughter.


Move old pictures from frames remove pictures off Facebook and place old articles of your relationship in a box. DON'T THROW THEM OUT. You will want to look back one day to remember how strong you were for not throwing them out then and being able to look back on the memories you've shared.


Just remember ladies and gentlemen, happiness is only a frown upside down, so get off the ceiling!


Till next week,


Your,


Relationship Guru xo

4 comments:

  1. I wont lie.... this is quite witty and when I first read this I laughed... a lot. I look forward to all the tips you have to relay to the world and how you will change us all for the better... :)To be honest I think that a lot more people need this than you think. I will spread the word to my ex's... :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a good point Jo. I am a firm believer that every experience you go through whether in a relationship or not help us become who we are today. Good or bad, happy or sad, we should remember the experiences we've had and learn from them.

    ReplyDelete